Re-wax periodically. Waxing your product regularly is a quick and easy process that will provide additional protection against staining.
• Wax once within 2 months of installation of your product and every 3 to 6 months thereafter, depending on use and location.
• If the product is placed outside, wax it well before winter.
• Cover and raise off the ground!
• Please see instore for recommended maintenance products.
Although not recommended, regular food preparation will not stain the concrete as the sealer and wax serve as active barriers. In the event that the coating is knowingly cut, scraped, or damaged, new wax should be reapplied. Spills should be wiped up as soon as possible. While the waxing performs well against stains from oils and acidic materials, prolonged exposure may cause penetration of the sealer and possible discolouration.
Expect occasional rings to appear from any liquids. Oils, in particular can penetrate the surface from the weight of a glass or jar. Wiping up spills immediately can minimize but may not prevent staining.
Please note that bath oils, in particular should not be used as they will cause staining from being left in contact with the surface of the concrete for too long. The first stain is always the worst.
Expect the wear of your product to contribute to its uniqueness. Using felt or rubber feet pads is recommended for the bottom surfaces of all objects left to remain on the surface of your product indefinitely, especially unglazed ceramics such as terracotta pots. Unglazed ceramics compete for residual moisture in the concrete and may cause discolouration. Do not place hot objects on the surface as they may cause discolouration. Using a trivet, coaster or placement at all times during use is recommended. At any point, refrain from putting blue painter’s tape or other adhesives directly on the product.
Although not considered a defect, non-structural hairline cracks are possible and may result from shrinkage and the natural curing process. If hairline cracks do appear, immediately apply a thick coat of wax and rub in well to prevent moisture from seeping into the cracks and causing discolouration. Re-wax the area and surrounding surfaces periodically as detailed above.
Please see in store for cleaning and maintenance products.
EXCLUSIONS TO THE WARRANTY
• Normal wear and tear, including pilling of fabric, fading, loss or deterioration of the whole product or its components;
• Damage caused by improper use, cleaning, negligence, treatment, storage of the products or otherwise cause by your acts and/or omissions.
• Damage caused through modifications , alterations; improper assembly, tampering or products used in an abnormal manner and nor for the products intended purpose;
• Damage caused by exposing the products to the sun, extreme heat or cold, or chemicals/agents not approved by Catalano Interiors.
• Defects in products that are sold “As is” which have been brought to your attention.
• Moving from the original delivery address.